Fancine Méliès d’argent short films competition 2023
The Fancine – Fantastic Film Festival, held in the captivating city of Malaga, Spain, is gearing up for its annual cinematic extravaganza. Established in 1990 as an initiative of the Vicerrectorado de Cultura of the University of Málaga, this festival initially focused on fantastic films and served as a trade fair for the genre.
Over the years, FANCINE has grown and evolved, gaining tremendous support from the local society and various institutions in the Malaga region. What began as a platform for showcasing fantastic films has expanded into a dynamic celebration of cinema, with a focus on fear, fantasy, and fiction. Each year, the university community, along with enthusiastic young audiences, eagerly anticipates this exciting event.
Scheduled for October 8 to October 16, 2023, the Fancine festival promises to deliver a diverse selection of short films that represent different countries and their unique cinematic voices. Here’s a glimpse of the competitive short film selection for Fancine 2023:
- “Exchange” (Alberto Evangelio, Spain, 14:55, 2023)
- “Sincopat” (Pol Diggler, Spain, 13:30, 2023)
- “Villain” (Sparky Tehnsuko, UK, 10:10, 2023)
- “All is Lost” (Carla Pereira, Juanfran Jacinto, Spain, 07:00, 2022)
- “Black-eyed Dog” (Alessandro Cino Zolfanelli, Italy, 15:00, 2023)
- “In His Mercy” (Christoph Büttner, Germany, 11:55, 2022)
- “The Bitter Desert” (Kyrre Walle Alstadhaug, Nicolai Wølner Voss, Jarle Bjarnesson Styve, Norway, 15:00, 2023)
- “The Last Bar” (Arne Hain, Germany, 13:21, 2023)
These remarkable films are set to provide audiences with a thrilling journey through the captivating world of cinema, filled with suspense, fantasy, and excitement. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of an incredible event that showcases the best of short films from around the world. Stay tuned for Fancine 2023!